nuffnang ad

PESTA MUZIK BAMBU

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cynta and I went to this event at Tamparuli where its been organised by the Kinabalu Bamboo Orchestra also known as OMBAK. The objective of its formation (OMBAK) is to preserve, promote and develop the traditional music culture found in Sabah at the same time acting as a umbrella body aimed at uniting other bamboo groups and enthusiasts.

At 12.00pm, I fetched Cynta at her home then head to lunch and we’re reached there around 1.30pm. When we arrived, I drove around Tamparuli (its a small town) but we couldn’t find the venue. So we asked people in the town.

At first, I wanted to asked the RTM because I am positively believe that they know the event but they were doing recording so I went to a small shop. The person was very helpful, she tell me the direction to Dewan Tun Hamdan.

Reached at Dewan Tun Hamdan, a little bit confused here. There was no sound of bamboo instruments, but we guess the event is not started yet. So we went in the hall and found out the hall is under renovation. I asked a man sitting in front of the building and he say go to Pejabat Daerah, Tamparuli. I starts the engine and drove to Pejabat Daerah but I forgot to ask direction to Pejabat. Then I stopped at a hawker stall (JUAL BABI LAGI TU di siring jalan!!!!). After that we FOUND IT!!!.

Luckily, we arrived just on time after searching the place about 30 mins. JENG3x!!!!.

An exhibition was held during the Bamboo Music Festival to promote the instruments that normally been used by KadazanDusunMurut natives during occasion. For example,

Kulintangan

I is don’t know this.

 

Seruling

 

Other than that, there were having a competition build a mini bamboo houses.

 

 

I was stunned to hear them play the bamboo musical instrument, especially they played Sayang Kinabalu, Wave Flag and even a chinese song. They did it very well. It’s a long journey to Tamparuli, but worthy. After finished, we went to Kiulu for JALAN2…

0 comments:

Post a Comment